Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Thing 6: Link to File on Android Homescreen

This seems like it MUST have already been done, but after an awful lot of looking I ain't found it, so perhaps not. I want a shortcut that goes straight to a single file (in this case, the image of my knitting pattern) on my Android homescreeen. With all the crazy widgets I can put on my homescreen, how is it not possible to add a simple shortcut??

So far, the best solution I've found is something called Smart Shortcuts, which lets you create a shortcut to a list of items with a certain tag (in this case, a list of length one). It seems kloodgey and stupid, and it involves one extra click, but it works.

It is sort of baffling that this doesn't already exist, so please, universe, point out to me the way to do this that I've been missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment