Friday, April 29, 2011

Thing 4: Podcast Subscription Syncing

I listen to a lot of podcasts, on a lot of different hardware. I use Radiotime via our Sonos system (which I do love dearly, in general), I use Stitcher both in the Sonos and in my Nexus S, and I also use Google Listen because it has different queueing & offline capabilities than Stitcher. I set these three systems up at different times, so I subscribe to a slightly different list depending on what I was thinking about at the time I set each system up (science! pop culture! storytelling!).

So this is the Thing That Should Exist is: a way to export, import and/or sync lists of podcasts across all these different platforms. At the moment, there's no good way to make sure RadioTime, Stitcher, and Google Listen all have the same list.

This should not be so hard. Come on, universe, get on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment